- 2010 MSc Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. Manchester Metropolitan University.
- 2000 BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (2.1). The Manchester School of Physiotherapy, Manchester University.
- June 2018 The FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma and Medical Management in Football Qualification (ATMMiF) (June 2018)
- March 2005 Orthopaedic Medicine Spinal module and exam (Peripheral module also completed during MSc).
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
June 2010-present day
Head Academy Physiotherapist/ Head Foundation and Youth Development Phase Physiotherapist Manchester United FC.
English Football Association Licensed Medical Tutor. Qualified to teach on level 1-4 courses. Primarily teaching on the Intermediate and medical management in football course (ITMMiF).
SPORTS ER Intermediate/Advanced Sports Trauma Tutor.
This has consisted of international teaching and has included taking the ‘Course Lead’ role for the first female sports trauma course in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in conjunction with the Saudi Pro League.
Honorary Senior Lecturer Manchester Metropolitan University.
Previous guest lecturing also at Leeds Beckett University and the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN).
April 2008-June 2010
Part-time Senior Academy Physiotherapist Manchester United FC. (20hrs/week)
Jan 2006-Aug 2010
Highly Specialist physiotherapist in Musculoskeletal Outpatients with an extended scope role in Upper Limb Clinics at the Royal Bolton Hospital.
Sept 2004-Jan 2006
Experienced Rotational Senior II Physiotherapist: Musculoskeletal and Domiciliary Outreach, (Royal Bolton Hospital).
June 2002-Sept 2004
Senior II Physiotherapist (Royal Bolton Hospital).
Aug 2000-June 2002 Junior Physiotherapist (Royal Bolton Hospital).
CONFERENCES- INVITED SPEAKER
Caribbean High Performance Summit
Presentation: “Managing the Developing Athlete”
Biomechanics in Athlete Development Summit
Presentation: “The Athlete Centred Approach to Long Term Athletic Development”
7th World Congress of Paediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery.
Presentation: “Developing Medical Care Set Ups in Elite Youth Academies” Barcelona Nou Camp Stadium.
Three Chapters to be published in 2019 by Elsevier in a book titled: “A Comprehensive Guide to Sports Physiology and Injury Management”
1) Ryding D. An introduction to working in an elite football academy
2) Ryding D. Growing bones: anatomy and fractures
3) Ryding D. Growing bones: osteochondroses and serious paediatric conditions